Landscape Crew Member
Custom Lawn-Scapes is a growing Company serving the greater Syracuse area. We are an outdoors facilities maintenance, commercial and snow and ice management company. Our award-winning people-first culture is upbeat and centered around self and company betterment.
An environment built for success and growth. For the right candidate, fast growth within the company is available. You can expect to work about 35-45 hours per week, maintaining both commercial and residential properties. Winter time consists of clearing snow and ice from the area’s larger parking lots and commercial sites.What Custom Lawn-Scapes will expect from you
We expect any eligible candidate to be a motivated self-starter, eager to learn. Clean cut and good personal hygiene is a must. Experience is welcome but not required. The successful candidate has the desire to learn!
Full-time, limited part-time is available for the right candidate.
Substance Free Work Areas
Drugs, alcohol and tobacco (including chew/vaps) are not tolerated on company property, equipment or client’s property.
Brief summary of requirements
Employees must be able to:
- Operate power equipment safely and properly
- Lift 50 pounds
- Work in all kinds of conditions to include but not be limited to rain, cold, snow, wind, and heat
- Timely – Minimum requirement for employees to be at the job-site and be able to start work at that time noted. Tardiness is not tolerated and may be considered as just cause for dismissal of employment.
- Attendance – Unless otherwise communicated, employees must be to work on scheduled days. Days off may be granted when requested in advance. Emergency days off will need to be documented.
- Day shift – Typically 7:15 AM to approximately 3-3:30. Conditions may shorten or lengthen the work day. Team leaders will determine daily time of completion.
- Monday to Friday (weather dependent)
- Some weekend work is possible and will be addressed as early in the week as possible.
- Naturally, the winter schedule depends on snow and related weather conditions
High school or equivalent (Preferred)
Lawn maintenance and landscape experience is helpful but not required.
Driver’s License (Not Required, but preferred). If a valid drivers license is presented it is not an indication of being able to drive company owned equipment. Insurance checks and regular monitoring of license are performed as a requirement of driving company owned vehicles
Below is a brief description of the training a new hire will complete. Completion and evaluation of these benchmarks may This is a brief description of the training a new hire will complete. Incremental pay-increases are traditionally part of this path. If hired to become a team member this is what you should expect.
- Onboarding & Basic Safety (Approx. 5 hours)
- The basics – Things that we do are done the Custom Lawn-Scapes way. (Approx. 5 hours)
- Small engine basics – Everything from checking the oil through loading and unloading. (Approx. 10 hours)
- General lawn maintenance to include trimming, planting flowers, planting shrubs and trees, mulching, spring and fall cleanup and all related lawn maintenance duties. (Approx. 10 hours)
- If considered for driving company vehicles – Safe driving to be demonstrated.
- If hired to be part of the team, your performance will be evaluated at day-30, day-60 and day-90 to complete the probationary period. You can expect to receive coaching all along the way.